What's New at Lazy T Ranch
Habitat for Humanity Hoedown 2017
Friday October 27, 2017 An annual fall fundraiser hosted by the Manhattan Area Habitat for Humanity, this event is a celebration of the hard work of our community to support affordable housing in the Manhattan area with a...
Best of Manhattan
Best of Manhattan Purple Apple Award for "Best Family Fun" The Results are in...Lazy T Ranch was awarded the Best of Manhattan Purple Apple Award for Best Family Fun! Thank you to our supporters for taking the time to vote...
Animal Ranch - Make a Friend to Take Home
We are excited to offer a variety of our favorite animal friends for children of all ages to make and take home! You can choose an animal, stuff it, dress it and take it home. We offer the unstuffed animals, clothing and...
Historic Lazy T Ranch and Guest House of Northeast Kansas
Originally homesteaded in 1855, this historic family ranch now offers an outstanding Flint Hills location for your special event. The Lazy T provides fun farm experiences for the whole family, with hundreds of acres of native tallgrass prairie to explore with incredible views over the Kansas River Valley and the Manhattan area. Activities include ranch suppers, cowboy poetry entertainment, pony rides, and tours in the native prairie. We have "country atmosphere with city accessibility," located just a few minutes from Manhattan and I-70.
The Lazy T is a destination for birthday parties complete with pony rides or fun on our laser tag field. Our Cowboy Café, Prairie Pavilion, Bluestem Barn, and Tallgrass Arena are available for indoor parties and events.
The ranch hosts groups by appointment and holds various festivals and other special events throughout the year. From visiting a stone barn on the National Register of Historic Places to enjoying original cowboy poetry to experiencing great Flint Hills views and feeding animals, guests will enjoy this historic ranch in the scenic Flint Hills.
Fun on the Farm Experiences
The Wilson family invites you to an entertaining and educational visit* on our working Kansas family ranch. Your day could include:
- Feed chickens and gather eggs
- Throw a lariat and rope a genuine longhorn steer head
- Take a hayrack ride or a hike to the top of Sugarloaf Hill for a great view of the Flint Hills
- Eat a delicious chuckwagon supper
- Enjoy original cowboy poetry entertainment
- Tour a historic 1860s stone barn and other buildings on the National and State Historic Registers
- See the native stone fences built in the 1860s
- See horses and beef cattle
- Pet ponies, sheep, goats, llamas, dogs, cats and bunnies
- See tractors, sit in a combine to see what it's like for a farmer harvesting crops
- See where the buffalo roamed, including native tallgrass prairie and wildflowers
Join us for a very special time in the fall!Pumpkin Patch • Pony Rides.• Hayrack Rides • Farm Animals Chuck Wagon Barbeque • Native Prairie • Duck Races • Giant Slide • Little Ranch Hands Educational Program • Spookley the Square Pumpkin • Laser Tag • High Tunnel • and more!
Call to schedule a visit on a weekday: (785) 537-9727
*These activities require reservations except during our Fall Festival.